Sometimes errors can’t be fixed, but other times, they just become a new creative challenge…this card started well, then got a little messy, then was salvaged & has turned into one of my favourites!
The top left corner was originally blank. I decided the blank bit was too large in comparison to the placement and shape of the beautiful blossom stamp (from the lovely ‘Easter Blossoms’ Stampin’ Up set). So I stamped some of the blossom off the top left hand corner of the page…however, it turns out the rubber image on the bottom of the stamp and the image sticker on the top were not lined up, so everytime I stamped, it was completely in the wrong place. So frustrating when you know exactly what you are trying to achieve.
So, after putting it down for an hour, I decided to so some more tearing & cover the whole mess up with the blossomed paper (Christina Re paper designs). (Thanks to my friend Bec for the indirect inspiration – she made a fantastic bloke’s Valentine’s Day card recently with torn paper at the top & bottom of the card with the sentiment in the centre, & it helped me salvage this one).
Next, to felt…
This little bluebird brooch was a gift for a friend recently to cheer her up, and I’ve decided to offer more like him in my Made It Online Shop.
Best return to the jobs that won’t seem to go away, no matter how many times I check my blog…(o:
Love Ruth x
P.S. So sorry for horrid blurry photos…my camera has decided it prefers blurry focus over anything else, and I can’t be entirely sure, but I’m thinking it could have something to do with a certain 2 year old’s fingerprints that I tried to clean off the lens the other day. Hmmm…